31 October 2007

2006 Hayman & Hill Interchange

I've enjoyed the Hayman & Hill wines I've had in the past. Recently I spotted a new one in the lineup that had no information about the grapes on the label. The 2006 Hayman & Hill Interchange is a white blend from Santa Barbera County. 47% Chardonnay, 34% Sauvignon Blanc, 7% Muscat Canelli, 5% Malvasia Bianca, 4% Semillon, and 3% Gewürtztraminer. It's a semi-dry wine with a huge nose of flowers, pineapple and mango. On the tongue it's a fruit bomb of bright citrus and apricot flavors, with lots of acidity and a bit of sweetness. It's an interesting wine, and one that I think would be a good bridge for someone trying to move beyond White Zinfandel or sweet Rieslings.

I'd like to say that I sampled this alongside some sort of Brazilian seafood stew, but in all honesty I had it with some baked ham and macaroni and cheese. Felt like a bit of comfort food with this colder, rainy weather we've been having recently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Interchange and reccomend it to my customers who love Conundrum. Very similar but at a much less painful price point.