10 October 2012

The Label Project Revealed... Jacob's Creek Reserve

The mystery wines that I tasted from the Label Project at the end of September have been revealed: they're all from the Jacob's Creek reserve line. The idea was obviously to see how large production, widely distributed wines would be reviewed minus the major brand name. (Part of me was thinking that it was a Yellow Tail stunt, but the wines were more refined than that.) I've enjoyed the Jacob's Creek wines in the past and this particular project was a fun exercise for the wine bloggers that got to participate around the world.

I didn't publicly post my full guesses, but the only one I got dead on was the Cabernet Sauvignon from Coonawarra. That didn't come from an intense knowledge of the region but rather the red soil clue. I was way off the mark on the Shiraz, thinking it was a hot region Merlot.

2011 Jacob's Creek Reserve Chardonnay
Adelaide Hills
12.5% abv.

2009 Jacob's Creek Reserve Shiraz
Barossa
14.1% abv.

2009 Jacob's Creek Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
Coonawarra
13.9% abv.


Note: These wines were received as samples.

1 comment:

Winery Accommodation Bright said...

That wine must be very delicious. Love to have one of it.