20 September 2014

Tannoor Grill in Cordova, Tennessee

A new restaurant popped up in the neighborhood recently, and because I only saw the sign while maneuvering rush hour traffic, I thought there was a new Indian place with a Tandoori grill. But upon further inspection the place is called Tannoor Grill, and is a Mediterranean/Middle Eastern version of the Brazilian churrascaria restaurant. Large skewers full of grilled meats are brought around to your table over and over until you say "stop!"

Tannoor Grill
830 N. Germantown Parkway
Cordova, TN 38018
(901) 443-5222

I stopped in for lunch by myself. Although the restaurant is all-you-can-eat, the place is classy and all food is brought to you. For dinner, they have an expanded menu and it's a little more expensive, but I must stress to all of my readers that the following feast was brought to my table for the bargain price of $13 (plus tax and beverages), and at any time I could request more of any of the courses.

First up was a freshly prepared fatoush salad full of tomatoes and cucumbers:


Followed by a slice of grilled eggplant topped with ground beef and yogurt:


Mezze! Pita, baba ghanoush, hummus:


Then chicken legs, served off the skewer:


Nicely seasoned ground beef kebabs:


Moist and succulent chicken breast:


Slices of rare sirloin. I could have kept going for a long while with this:


Chunks of well-done beef (chuck roast?):


After modest portions of everything I signaled defeat and Chef Shadi Alrammal came by with a whole pineapple, peeled, coated in brown sugar and grilled. I had two slices:


While this is an amazing bargain for lunch (and you can try everything without hurting yourself), I can't wait to try it for dinner to sample the lamb and all of the other extra options. That's the kind of dinner that requires fasting for a few days ahead of time and a lot of time on the exercise bike for the following week. Check it out, and tell 'em I sent you.

2 comments:

Allen said...

We had lunch there today. The service and food was excellent. Looking forward to going back for dinner. They are going to expand their lunch menu to include sandwich to go items.
Thanks for the review and post.

Unknown said...

Dad,

Glad you and the family loved it, I'm still full from yesterday. :) I wish them continued success and love supporting our local establishments.

Cheers,
Ben